View Single Post
Old 2011-07-05, 16:16   Link #1114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Which makes it even more interesting, because they realize that what Touma (twisted ideals) is doing isn't that different. Which makes them wonder how far they would go to protect their girl.

...I'm pretty sure both of them already went very far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
having a good idolized character turn bad is a good thing. It affects all the other characters that follow Touma and if Touma is ruthless it also has a touch of bad assery. It's nice to see him punch bitches but now we got to see him kill some.

Haven't you felt Toumas best moments are when he loses his arm and scares the big baddies?
We've already seen him in his ruthless side when he was subduing the terrorists; lets say we add more scenes like that, it doesn't really change his core character.

Now lets say he kills someone, how does that change his character for the better? I certainly don't want to see Touma turning into just a catalyst for the other characters' development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A change doesn't implies a derailment of his character, the author did it with Accelerator, if he along with Shiage are described as those who knocks the ground yet stand up on their feets, a fall on his path will only lead him to stand up again to try to solve the problem and by problem I mean a very personal that threatens to change his own world if he takes the wrong step.
You don't get my point; if you want to change his character- make sure you're doing it for the better. We already know that if Touma gets knocked down on he will get back up so there's nothing new or surprising there. A threat to his personal life might be something new, but it doesn't change what he must do, or rather what he always do.

Lets say you make him angsty for a longer period of time, how is that not a deterioration?

Lets say Touma does have this fall, and when he gets back up- what part of his character would change for the better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ah, guilt, you should read what Touma feels after July 30th.
Perhaps he does feel guilty, but he doesn't let it bog him down.