Thread: Natsuiro Kiseki
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-30, 16:16   Link #414
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Well, If I saw that my show won't do well inBD/DVD selling, I probably lose a lot of motivation to make it high quality too. LOL

If you don't know, according to Amazon ranking at 15 May 2012, this show has the lowest number of booking in this sesaon* with 12 BD and 453 DVD, the highest being Nyaruko with 5,781 BD and 767 DVD

note: *This ranking only listed 27 animes which already opened for booking

BUT I still love this show anyway ^^
Yeah it's funny that this seems to be the case for this show because Accel World honestly looks fantastic and so do like 90% of Sunrise's produced shows, but when they don't look good they really don't look good and there's usually a reason. I think it probably is the case though that the budget got slashed because after it became clear that Gundam Age wasn't doing so hot for Blu-Ray sales that show started looking not-so hot and it seems to be the case for this one as well.

Also if the Japanese fans actually expected a straight moe moe wish-fulfillment show from Sunrise that doesn't break any of moe otakudom's self-imposed taboos and which lacks any sort of twists or drama and just sticks to the moe moe then I find that expectation kind of amusing. Sunrise is a studio full of ambitious producers who rarely seem content to just allow a project to wing it on the storyline front so to speak for better or worse. I'm sure people have heard the stories of how they like to intervene when they feel a project isn't meeting their standards and goals. Personally I don't think that moe fandom is a demographic that this particular company can do well in revenue wise even though they seem to be gunning for it since it's basically one that demands you relax most of your instincts for creativity and creative license and just give the fanbase what it wants.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote