View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 03:26   Link #2408
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Fair enough, but it's a case by case situation and I personally don't think this incident warrants it.

They're not going to kill children, they're going on a dangerous mission to destroy a dangerous weapon.

If you say it's too dangerous, I would point out that every mission is dangerous, if it was easy they would have already won.
It's not that it was "dangerous", in a general sense. It's that Gai was expecting Funeral Parlor to suffer a high casualty count, one out of every three soldiers.

I don't expect everybody (and certainly not a young "fresh recruit" like Shu who initially refused to join Funeral Parlor back in Episode 2) to be entirely comfortable with such figures, and to not say anything about them.

Quote:
But like what thundrakkon said, the problem is he didn't offer another solution, he just said 'No, We can't.' and that's it.
Well, Gai is the leader and clearly the brains of the operation. One could say that Shu was challenging Gai to come up with a better solution.

Unfortunately, a better solution simply wasn't there, and perhaps that was part of the reason why Shu eventually relented.