View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 09:42   Link #28267
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think the games are... let's say "overexaggerations that became real".

For example George said that he would eliminate everyone, who would stand before his and Shanon's love (see Alliance o.t.g.W.), but would not really ever do that.

Or maybe Beatrice would kill 6 people, that would be later revived by her magic again and everyone having a happy end. While in the real world they were only playing dead, in the games they really die, because "magic" in another sense becomes true. But this magic is not the one, where you can create fireballs or lightning from your hands, but instead the "human tricks" that she tries to make others believe it's really magic. So if we look at her goal of making others believe in magic, then wouldn't it make more sense to bring the to play dead and then say she "revived them again"? Isn't that more effective than really killing them and putting them in some closed rooms? There are many solutions to closed rooms, but i doubt you could find any explanation for someone "rising from the dead" aside from them having played dead or that "a mircale occured". So what I want to say is, that a big part of the content is metaphorical and has content, that for some people may be more worth, than just finding the murder, his methods and his reasons for murder.

Also if you remember, Battler called the gameboard a "love letter" from Beato to him. But that cannot be the mystery, because that is something that the whole world got to know about. So there must be a "hidden element" in it that was adressed only to him. I think that is the difference between Battler's and Will's reasoning. While Will found the motive of the "killer" on the gameboard, Battler went further and found the motive of the author.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote