View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 09:31   Link #6
Kirarakim

What I found most interesting was their society supposedly developed from the group that kept the knowledge of technology and yet the concept of technology still seems to have been completely wiped from the society.

Of course there was the library which seems to be a remnant of a technological society but according to the man that took their powers it’s “a demon”. Now is that because of the information it disclosed or because of something else.

Additionally while I trust what the library was saying is at least partially correct, I wonder if there is still information missing. That perhaps it shouldn’t be trusted completely, that there are still holes to be filled.

Also I find the concept that you feel intense pain if you want to harm someone to be pretty fascinating. But I guess something like that had to have developed when you see how easy it was to harm someone with their power. But then it’s more fascinating that their supposedly non-violent society is not by free will but by something controlling them and what would happen if that control was gone…

Still there are theories that we don’t kill each other because of biological reasons too so it's not much different lol.

However, the rat people (or whatever) don’t seem to have the same controls and it seems they can be harmed (although it still affected the priest). I personally believe the rat people are humans that devolved somehow: they are less than human according to that society but still very much human.