View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 15:43   Link #140
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just finished watching this anime.

It's like True Tears all over again for me.

In other words, the romantic conflict and drama is keenly displayed and felt throughout the anime and makes it a gripping watch... but I hated how the romantic conflict and drama was resolved.

As with True Tears, my preferred shipping didn't happen.

As with True Tears, the sweet innocent girl who did absolutely nothing wrong is the one who loses and is made to suffer due to the actions of others.

Now, I don't put much blame on Narumi. His situation was horrific, and he was being pulled roughly from both sides following the awakening of Haruka. No matter what he did, he had to severely tick off at least one person (Akane or Shinji), and break the heart of another (Haruka or Mitsuki).

However, most of the 2nd half episodes of this anime made it seem like he loved Haruka more than he did Mitsuki, imo. So, his sudden reversal, coming after Mitsuki and Shinji had sex, doesn't make much sense to me.

The overall story premise of this anime is very compelling, but I felt that the execution of it was a bit off. If they had planned a Mitsuki ending from the beginning, I think that they could have made a much better supporting case for it. As is, the anime mostly felt like it was going for a Haruka ending to me, but decided to pull off a plot twist at the end.