Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 15:50   Link #336
Sol Falling

This show is seriously the most amazing series running this season. How can a children's show be this amazing. I'm speechless, lol.

Suite and Heartcatch had to struggle to make me care about the plot sometimes but Smile so far has been impressively tight and solid. Probably the early individual introductions to the characters has contributes to this, but I think this format will offer advantages over the incremental structure of both Suite and Heartcatch, where the plot always seemed to be hijacked by excessive focus on the new Precure whenever an addition to the main cast popped up. With Smile's present cast, although I do have favourites, I'm already rather fond of pretty much all of them (even the villains are charming) so as long as this series keeps up its balanced exposure I will probably be satisfied.

In any case, episode 8 was brilliant. Probably the best episode so far. I am also highly looking forward to next week's "Yayoi lying" episode, as she's showing a fair bit more personality and interesting character than the generic moe shyness which initially caught our attention (lol, both mine, at least, and Japan's).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote