View Single Post
Old 2007-10-14, 16:17   Link #68
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Who is the guy in the preview? Seems like he is related to the transfer student. I believe that Yoshida still has a chance. She can openly express her feeling anytime while Shana is still reluctant to do so. I am quite wary of what Bel Peol and Sydonay are up to. Hopefully, Shana and others can overcome their sinister plans.
I used to think Yoshida maybe had a chance, but I think ep. 2 really does show how doomed her efforts really are. Yes, Shana's awkwardness makes her unable to play her stronger hand and "win" decisively, but look at Yuuji's reaction to Shana's bento compared with his reluctance to take Yoshida's. He still acts that way even after all of Shana's repeated denials and efforts to make them seem just like "friends" (excluding the confession that Yuuji never heard).

It's a real shame for Yoshida, who I think is an extremely likable character. But in the end, she really can't compete with the Flame Haze, not because, as Shana tells herself in this episode, Yuuji will choose Shana because as a Mistes, he's now of her world, but because Yuuji wants Shana for, well, just being Shana. Which I think is one of the real selling points of this show--a male lead, who though a bit dense with regards to women's attitudes toward himself (although he's quite good at reading other people's relationships), has his heart in the right place, and who has the maturity to take people as they are, as opposed to what he wants them to be.