View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 01:49   Link #523
gianna
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think this is one of the situations where having read the manga is probably a detriment to enjoying the anime on its own terms. I'm glad I'm not burdened with that.
I just keep repeating myself and rambling but I'm loving the anime just as much as the manga

Sure there were one or two things I wanted to see that were cut
But again despite that what has needed to be established has been (evident by comments of those only watching the anime) and so long as they drive that point strongly by the end then... Well I look forward to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Actually, I believe his father is some Western navy man, likely an American. Sentarou's mother abandoned him at birth and his grandmother took him in. The man who "abandoned" Sentarou after his grandmother died was his uncle, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah an American sailor
I think though his uncle and his wife took in Sen as their own first (until later as you know) and the grandma was around because she lived with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
This series seems to be very hyped up. Not sure if I want to watch it though, from what screenshots I saw there seems to be a lot of gay subtext in here.

How much focus is there on the bromance?
Sen loves Kaoru
Not romantically but if you don't care to see two males going through the good and bad in the ups and downs in friendship don't watch
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote