Thread: Licensed Hellsing Ultimate OVA
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-23, 06:22   Link #7
kari-no-sugata

The digest covered vol 1 chapters 1 and 4-6.
Chapter 2 is "master of monster" (how Alucard and Integra first met) and "murder club" - Seras's first mission basically.

I wonder if the full version will cover any of chapters 2 or 3? It's certainly possible - "murder club" could take only 5 minutes. I don't think the cut scenes from the chapters shown in the digest will pad out the rest of the full OVA. Maybe "master of monster" will be left for volume 2 or later?

The digest was a little weird - some parts were animated very nicely, some seemed cut short (well, it IS a digest). The brief scene with Seras acting a little weird/funny on waking up was interesting (but should vampires show up in mirrors?) though felt a bit awkward at times. Still, I do prefer the slightly more girl-ish and goofy Seras from the manga, compared to the Seras from the TV series, and it looks like we'll be getting the Seras I prefer.

Overall, it was very faithful to the original manga, though not boringly so.

PS I wish they'd taken the opportunity to fix up the police uniforms. I don't think any UK forces look like that, particularly armed ones (normal police are not armed). It was like they were US of French police...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote