View Single Post
Old 2007-07-31, 19:22   Link #45
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The Jay-Z bites lyrics thing is so blown out of proportion and I think it's really dumb to knock on someone who has such a massive amount of songs. He's done... what over 500 songs? (probably another 100-200 when you add freestyles) Add all his "bitten" lines together and it would top out @ 2 songs maximum.

His longest "bite" was on his hit single "Give It To Me, I'm a Hustler" from the Dynasty album. He probably had 3-4 lines worth of Biggie on that track. Sounds bad right? Too bad C.Wallace is credited as a writer for that song on the album.

I don't see Nas and Tupac getting slammed for using the same concept as Organized Confusions (Monch and Po) Stray Bullet.

What's worse biting 2 famous lines from Slick Rick on the Blueprint album which Slick Rick is a guest on or using Slick Ricks style completely for a song like Nas did on Stillmatic's Destroy and Rebuild? (Which Cormega completely called him out on in the reply)
The way I see it, same concept and style isn't as bad as same lyrics word for word. I mean concept and style still has your own spin to it, but taking lyrics word for word is like "Oh hey, this isn't mine but let's just use it to kill some track time cause I'm too lazy to create and string together a few more syllables and words and put a little more effort into the song."