Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-12, 17:44   Link #208
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

The thought that kept running through my head for most of the ep was, "oh no!" for obvious reasons. I greatly enjoyed this ep, moreso than the first one. We get to see a lot more each character's personality.

Like Yuki is maybe overly sensitive and perhaps takes Touya for granted. I clearly see she's trying to make the relationship work, but i don't think she sees how much Touya is putting in on his side and the pain he feels from her not being around.

The scene with Haruka really hit something deep down, just because it was so innocent and sweet. Its somewhat of a rarity in shows I've recently watched. I'd have to liken it to True Tears, because its the other down to earth love story that was amazing in recent times.

Misaki hasn't been developed much yet, but i can't help but think that the illness is more than a flu? At the same time, Akira kind of makes me sad because everyone knows he's trying hard for her, but his self-confidence isn't there. The part with the cheesecake shows that he supports Touya and perhaps puts his friend above himself.

And finally Rina. What is there to say about her... She was great this ep. She has the idol side where she's commanding and very Sheryl like, but then like Sheryl, she also has that softer, more sensitive side which she showed fully when talking to Touya. I loved the way she came on to Touya. delicate, yet obvious. She knows what she's getting in to, because she's well aware that he's Yuki's boyfriend...

The ending of the ep resounded quite loudly with me. Touya's rejection of his dad, Yuki's (probable) attempt to call him, and finally Rina's success at it. I think Yuki missed him, then Rina called later and got him. And because of that unfortunate event, this show will be AMAZING and gut wrenching for the other 11 eps in it. "And so it begins.."

ps, we have what, a love pentagon?

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-01-12 at 17:56.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote