View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 07:27   Link #88
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yes it is very possible that by telling them about this supporter, explaining what the supporter is meant to do and then telling them: "it might be you or it might be someone else", was an ingenious way to both making them fear each other and making them think about the possibility that they themselves are the supporter. Well most of them obviously do not think that (i.e. Kondo), but the outsider probably thought that a few of them would take the bait, killing off stray seleçao thus reinforcing the illusion that a true supporter really exist.

There is also the possibility that the same way the Outsider knew that those 12 people wanted to save the country (even if they themselves do not remember that) he also knows that one (or more) of them would spontaneously take the role of the supporter.

At this point it's hard to understand what's the true objective of the outsider. At first it would look like he wants to save the country, and he choose this strange system to make a few selected individual to try their best for that end. He gave them the means and he gave them a great incentive to pursue this goal. However there are a few rules that do not make sense in this perspective and rather make everything look like a sort of Battle Royale sadistic game. It would be best for the good of the country if the seleçao were cooperating, but instead he wants them to compete, fear, distrust, each other.
Plus there are reasons to doubt about his judgment on choosing those individuals. Kondo and Diana were very poor choices if the outsider's objective is really the salvation of the country. And the fact he didn't draw any moral line around the orders Juiz is supposed to accept is also very strange. Juiz is like a robot, I wonder if she's a human or an AI.
Well in conclusion I'm not sure whether the Outsider honestly believes he's acting in the best interested of the country or if he's just a bored multibillionaire who wants to have fun.