View Single Post
Old 2009-05-13, 12:00   Link #19090
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post

The Code Geass Image Thread is the topic I'm most active in and I'd have to agree with yvj. While there were a few days where that a larger-than-usual amount of Kallen pictures were posted, it wasn't that bad. There were still other posters around - such as myself, yurihime, Sonae and others - posting images of different characters just as frequently. However, I will say there tends to be more discussion around the Kallen images sometimes, as users like Lolipopo, incorrupts and Kakashi are - obviously - Kallen fans and also like to make discussion.** That's fine as long as the thread stays more image than discussion, but I do realize that it makes the Kallen images stand out more to those that aren't fond of her.

** I'm not saying the other images aren't discussed, so don't get me wrong, just that with Kakashi dumping Kallen images, more discussion about her came along, and there were some pro-Kallen/Lelouch images that might've left the wrong impression for some people.

Well, if we want to be fair, that has happened with a lot of C.CxL images in the past as well. It is just, not as lengthy as flippy's, mine and Loli's are. As long as we are not getting off-topic, that is totally acceptable. So, we can all get along. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Now, about the character. I liked Kallen throughout the first season, I only found myself disliking her near the end R2. I didn't full-blown hate her or anything like that. Then, in the last few months, I continuously ran into Kalulu fans who'd give me hell for the silliest of reasons (eg. Using the name C.C.), and honestly it was hard not to be frustrated toward the character in general after that. I 100% agree with anyone who says the Kalulu fanbase has been hard to tolerate lately. I only recently met a Kalulu fan (here on AnimeSuki) that responded to me in a sane-non-explosive manner - and honestly, it shouldn't have taken that long.

My point in close is that Kallen fans, particularly Kalulu fans, have actually managed to make me hate Kallen at times. Take what you will from that, I'm expecting responses that tell me that this is ridiculous or nonsense, but it's simply how I feel and there's nothing wrong or ridiculous about it. If Kalulu fans were a little more rational, and well... friendly, I wouldn't have such a problem with it.

No offence to any of the Kalulu fans around here, chances are I've never met you. My direct experience with Kalulu fans were in places other than AnimeSuki.
There is nothing wrong, with disliking a fictional chara, that is your right. I suppose, i am mostly "ehhh?", when someone says "i adored this chara/series/ship but fandom ruined it for me!11" <--honest? I mean, whoever says this, was never really into it, from the first place. Fans is a mere formality-excuse.
But since you said, that you were mostly neutral towards her, i think i can understand where you are coming from.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote