Thread: Licensed Sora no Woto
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-16, 17:20   Link #894
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
wtf, did Filicia seriously take a chunk out of her hand when she nicked herself? The inside of the cut had different colouring and the outline went all the way around. Gross, man. That's some cognitive dissonance right there when, after waking up, she just looked at her bandaged hand and went 'I'm fine, I'm fine'.
Have to say I was a bit shocked when she took a good chunk out of her hand. Usually in that thing the person gives themself a minor cut. But there it was a pretty good chunk taken off and quite messy. Definitely dangerous to be working with a knife when your head isn't there. Though maybe Rio should be more cautious in the future since surprising someone with a knife can lead to a dangerous situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It didn't work in the Terminator series or The Matrix series.

The opponents were prob other humans imo. If you have spider tanks that can crawl on buildings, then to eliminate them, you need a big cannon. Like using insect spray on an ant swarm or a hornet's nest. It's inefficient to pick them off one by one. Gotta destroy a lot of turf to eliminate them all.

We're only seeing this from one side's perspective.
I'm not sure those two groups are valid comparisons. Both were mechanical and so wouldn't care about the condition of the planet. Plus the first one only seemed to care about killing humans period. If someone is coming all the way over to earth they are likely wanting the planet rather than coming by so they can own humans . Thus doing that damage to the planet could convince them it's a waste of resources to keep attacking. I'm not sure whether it was a massive human war or facing an outside threat, but either way it had devastating consequences for those that survived.

It's hard to tell without seeing more of the conflict. They held back a view from the enemy to keep us in the dark. Just a question if the damage was done intentionally (burn the land theory) or as a consequence of using advanced weaponry on the enemy.