View Single Post
Old 2010-02-28, 15:14   Link #93
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

So, recently got back to the games, too. I was somewhat turned off after MoF because I never really liked the new system all that much, although the game was still definitely okay. At least I could dig some of the characters, such as Sanae. SA and UFO though really tell me nothing, and the only remarkable thing from these two games are Satori's theme and the fact that ZUN made Sanae playable. For me, of course! So, here's hoping Touhou 13 will change stuff around a bit.

Grabbed my Shoot the Bullet copy and went ahead and after a bit of training I was stunned to see how well I'm doing. Haven't skipped any scene so far and I'm up to 9-6. That makes exactly 66 scenes cleared, which allows me to challenge Level Ex. Funny thing, though, I hit 66 with 9-5 and 9-6 is probably the worst spellcard in this game and I just find myself completely unable to beat it. The waves are too dense and they come too fast for the last shot and I probably won't capture it until I run into a lucky dodge.

Plus, since I got a little tired of losing against Kaguya over and over decided to install Mountain of Faith again, too. 1CC'ing Normal was fairly easy, since I managed to get to Kanako with 6 lifes. She was sort of a tough cookie though, and ended up beating it with only 3 lifes left, hoho.

Then proceeded to the Extra Stage. It was my first time on it and my first impression is that the actual stage itself is probably the easiest one from the series so far. Which sort of balances it, since Suwako seems to be somewhat annoying from her first ~5 spellcards, which were all I managed to see before losing, haha.

Anyway, that's that and hi from a fellow Touhou fan? :V

EDIT: Actually this reminds me, since this strikes me as a nice place to ask, anyone has trouble running MoF/SA/UFO in Window Mode? Somehow I just can't keep framerate stable in these three games. My specs aren't exactly awesome, but I really don't think I should have trouble with Touhou games. Besides, they work perfectly when Fullscreen, it's really only in Window mode that I seem to have framerate issues.

FYI I'm running the games on a Pentium Dual Core E5300 2,6GHz with 4GB RAM and a nVidia GeForce 9300.