View Single Post
Old 2010-07-17, 14:14   Link #752
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
3) Pissing off party members won't always be a bad thing. "They won't necessarily leave. They may still join you, but they're going to try to show you up, and that may influence battle in a different way."
Hmm, kinda like how negative influence wasn't a bad thing in KotoR II either... I can see a system like this work, for example berserkers could profit more from hating you and attacking your enemies with that rage.

Quote:
4) We're getting the ME2 conversation wheel, but this time instead of having some dialogue be a particular color the center of the wheel will show a symbol to show what kind of reply it is. (The article uses the examples of them being something like aggressive or sarcastic) (wait, what?)
*snort* With conversations in ME sometimes hardly resembling what the text said, this is hardly a change.

Quote:
5) The way the story unfolds will be very different compared to the past Bioware games. "Dragon Age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that the exploits of Hawke occured in the past, but are being retold in the present." "Narrators with unique insights into the events in question tell the tale of his past adventures."
Huh... this sounds interesting.

Quote:
6) We may get to see some of the DA:O events at the start from a different perspective. "Dragon Age II begins as the events of Origins are still taking place, so you may see some familiar events from a different angle."
Hmm, that'd explain the importing of a save game.

Quote:
7) Because of the game spanning a decade, we get to see the consequences of our actions sooner, rather than in a little text at the end of the game.
Now this is good news.

Quote:
8) The PC version's combat system remains mostly the same. "The PC version implements the same strategic approach afforded by a mouse-and-keyboard control scheme." "Rather than try to mimic the PC experience on consoles, Dragon Age II has a battle system more tailored to the strengths of the PS3 and 360."
Which means... well, hack and slash type combat I guess? Ehh, console combat was always a bit of a clusterfuck anyway. Hated playing a mage on the consoles and barely used any skills on the other classes. If they can fix that, more power to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
* No "ancient evil you have to defeat", the game revolves around the question of who Hawke is that is answered by player decisions.
Refreshing. Not necessarily an improvement -that depends on the story that is told- but refreshing nonetheless.

Quote:
* BioWare's goal is to let decisions carry across different platforms as well. Executive Director Mark Darrah: "...If you played the first game on PC and the second game on console, we'd be able to react to your choices."
I wonder how they're going to do that... still, this is a major bonus for me. My laptop has a hard time running DA:O, to the point where I bought a console version to play the game a tad more fluently. Being able to carry over the decisions of my first warden is good news.

Quote:
* Origins' visuals did not translate well to consoles from PC, team is making an effort to "hot rod the art" and make it distinct.
Good. I'll gladly take a change in the art direction if it means better visuals.

Quote:
* This dragon is more than it appears. After swooping down and grabbing a darkspawn in its talons, it transforms into a familiar figure: Flemeth. Still holding the dead darkspawn in her hand, Flemeth walks through the flames and approaches Hawke, saying: "Well, well. What have we here?"
Since we know Flemeth survived, I hope she plays a bigger part in this story.

All in all, so far I like what I hear.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-07-17 at 14:39.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote