View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 16:35   Link #202
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aye, but not the pre-Hayate background, and that's what I meant. The manga seems to be doing the Hucks expanding right now.
The Pre-Hayate background was not really necessary to understand their motives, it's a nice complement but not pivotal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You're still counting in years and chapters, not events. It's events that matter when telling a story, not the amount of time between releasing chapters.
I was about to agree with you, i wanted to agreed in all honestly. But time between chapters and how the story gets around that is, in fact, important. Some readers can't just stop time in their minds and hearts until next chapter is released, something bad happens and we remain with a bad feeling until next chapter appear or things get resolved, the longer that takes, the deeper those feelings will root.

I spent about 24 hours wanting Vita's head on a plate, i spent over two months thinking roy Mustang was an amoral murderer, and i spent almost TWO years thinking the Huckebein are a group of ruthless a-holes. I recovered really fast from Vita but it takes some time to re-arrange my toughts and feelings towards Colonel Mustang. Only god knows how much time i will need to digest the Huckebein's freudian excuse to accept them as good, misunderstood people ...or to re-accept Signum as a competent knight deserving a place among the elite.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~