View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 12:01   Link #12
marvelB

Thanks for the additional details, Aohige. I slightly edited my earlier summary a bit to reflect some of the corrected info, but I think your post explains the rest better than I can.

Anyways, this was a fun chapter. I totally agree with Kanon about this feeling like something out of Jojo. Anyway, the samurai head guy is cool. I love how the Straw-Hats are messing around with both parts of his body (Luffy with the "centaur", the head hitting on Nami, etc.). And yeah, I'm more convinced now that some weird radioactive-type experiments are taking place at this island. At least, that would explain why those gas mask guys' uniforms, as well as the giant kids (though I guess the latter could also be caused by a DF)....

And yeah, looks like that bird (harpy?) woman will be one of the new enemies of this arc (hmmm, I can already see the onslaught of posts clamoring for her to join ). Heh, I wonder how much stronger Luffy will become now that he ate that dragon meat? And what the heck is Brooke gonna do since he's all alone on the ship.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm a little surprised Sanji was unable to blow that door open, but I guess it's better not to think about it to much.

I don't think that he was unable to break down the door so much as he was afraid of causing enough noise to alert the gas mask guys. Notice how he tried to stop Franky from blasting through the wall with his beam (which drew the enemies' attention, anyway).

BTW, something interesting to note about the ministory: We've actually saw that princess-looking girl and that butler before. In fact, Oda gave us some info about them in volume 47's SBS:

Quote:
D: My question is about the rich-looking young lady with the binoculars in Chapters 436-437 from Volume 45! What exactly is she looking at?! I know Franky's a pervert, but I think SHE must be, too. I would like to know what she looks like, and what her name is. Good luck with your work! P.N. Gengerous Zone

O: I see... You found her. Then allow me to introduce the lady Marmieta ("I can see all"). Her manservant beside her is Yamenahare ("Now you stop that"). She is the only daughter of Bimine, the mayor of the "Gourmet Town," Pucci, which is connected to Water Seven via the Sea Express. This young woman is most ignorant of the ways of the world, and therefore quite the curious one! Having heard of the damage from the Aqua Laguna, she came here to deliver emergency supplies, and found herself witnessing the most extraordinary event!!

Also, notice that the mayor father mentioned in Oda's answer is even shown in the ministory page. Now how cool is that?