Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 08:44   Link #1345
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was actually surprised how much I was focused on the episode before the fight, despite very little actually happening. All they did was learn about another aspect of Nen for more than half an episode but I didn't even know that much time had passed until I checked. In a way I was kinda disappointed but when that fight took off all that disappointment just vanished. I have to admit that this show handles the plot really well, especially in this arc. I'm still not 100% behind the characters but Gon is no longer the unbearable little "Do-no-wrong" brat that I first thought he was.

I still don't like the clown though. I've never liked typical "I want to see you develop" type villains and this one is has so far been about as typical as they come. He is good plot-wise, since he's that perfect type of overpowered villain that makes it awesome when the main character actually does well against him (Like we saw in this episode). But his character still sucks. And I always get peado vibes from him, especially this episode...

I'm a bit confused about Leorio's situation though. The way Gon was relieved he clearly thought there was nothing to worry about with Leorio, but as far as I can see if he's too preoccupied with medical school then how is he going to learn Nen and pass the secret exam? I felt a bit of a dissonance there.

But whilst Gon's fight with Hisoka is interesting and all, i would like to see more Kurapika and Leorio right now. It looks like Kurapika found a Nen master himself and I thought there was going to be more focus on him so I'd like to see him in a bit more action.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote