Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 19:09   Link #23076
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What? Lots of Japanese people know about war crimes. They're just not as obsessed with grovelling about them at other peoples' feet about them the way the Germans do. The few rightist politicians who do harp about how Nanjing never happened or w/e are a fringe minority. On the other hand the Chinese are given the impression by their media that most Japanese think that way.
Never said anything about groveling, also, note that I specifically referenced the Japanese GOVERNMENT, not all the people of Japan.

Quote:
Also, how many people did the Japanese even kill? I'd bet that only a few, maybe ten millions were directly slaughtered by the Japanese soldiers
You know something is wrong when the deaths of millions are preceded by the word "only"

Quote:
and Mao Zedong is still revered as a great leader who made "mistakes."
Yea, because people aren't exactly jumping at the chance of becoming political prisoners you know?

I find it hilarious that you are defending Japan because communist China wasn't much better, I guess Stalin is golden in your book because Hitler was worse?

The plain fact is, Japan has tried evading taking responsibility whenever it can, with apologies that are about as sincere as the one you hear from customer service reps over the phone while they're flipping you off at their desk. It's just part of their culture, publicly admitting fault is hardly something that's the norm for them, where saving face is much more important.

Hell, they can't even stop themselves from going after something small as this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-War-II.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't see Germany groveling and it seem to have patch things up quite well with its neighbors and Israel.
Germany owned up to their mistakes and moved on, Japan on the other hand has not.