View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 09:51   Link #378
james0246

3 quick notes on the deleted scenes:

1) For anyone that remembers, I made a small fuss here concerning how Bruce Banner got downtown during the invasion. Specifically, I thought the film did not explain how Bruce got a shirt or a motorcycle, nor did the film explain where the Hulk landed in the first place. In one of the deleted scenes, all of these questions are answered. Sadly, the scene was pretty shitty ( Harry Dean Stanton was just too much), so it needed to be cut even if it had info needed for film coherency.

2) The Captain America cut scene was decent, and I liked how the Waitress character (played by Ashley Johnson) seen later during the invasion becomes more involved in the Captain America storyline. Still, parts of the segment were overlong (we didn't really need to see him looking at old files of long dead friends (though finding that his old love is still alive is important)), and I can understand why it was cut.

and finally, 3) all of the Maria Hill segments. The alternate beginning and ending to the film drastically change the entire films structure and narrative as well as the character Maria Hill. While very interesting, this vast departure for the character so fundamentally alters the entire pace of the story it is obvious to see just why it was cut (and should have been cut).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote