Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 13:13   Link #1086
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Exactly, I can see how she managed to give Maho a hard time. But I am waiting to see how Soviet operation ruthlessness will be demonstrated in the upcoming match. Again, I am half hoping half expecting a situation vis-a-vis Kursk, where Soviet tankers would ram their vehicles into German lines, take off, pull another tank from behind the lines, rinse & repeat.
On the tactical level, when advancing on a German position, Soviet forces would fully expect their first tank or two to be taken out. And they'd use that to their advantage to knockout the German defenders in turn. Casualties suffered by the first echelons don't matter enough as long as they manage to break through German lines and force them to overly commit their reserves. Since once that happens, the secondary Soviet echelons can pour through the hole to get into German rear areas and utterly annihilate entire formations without having to fight them head on.

These methods are best exemplified in Operations Bagartion and August Storm. One of the most important elements to achieve this operational success is the proper employment of maskirovka, but I don't know if that will make it into the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And I certainly hope Oorai would get some midseason upgrade by that point.

- Tak
They're going to need one if they going up against an IS-2. Not even the Germans had a very good answer for that. But they didn't take the opportunity to upgrade the Pz. IV's busted gun, so I don't know if they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Not quite what I was going for when I phrased it that way, but alright. And I suppose the animals make it easier to identify teams in ways other than "the main characters", "the first years", etc.
I know - I wanted to talk about the rabbit avatar. What season is it anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
By the way, if Oorai can beat Pravda, doesn't that mean they beat champion before the final match??

Not only it will make everyone acknowledge Oorai name, but Nishizumi (as Miho's family) and Blackforest will also get their (indirect ) revenge on Pravda.

Maho must be proud of Miho. (Maho: Now, that's my sister!!!)
The setup makes a lot of sense if you think of the point of the show being to have Miho go up against Maho as the climax. If they wanted to set up Pravda as the final boss, they'd be more than a throwaway line by this point.