View Single Post
Old 2012-12-25, 03:14   Link #1200
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Ah you guys got it wrong.
It was never said the ABS was derived from BETA tech, only the virus.
If it can be mass produced so easily, by any country, it cannot be BETA tech.

And mind control is very widely present in the MLverse, since hypnosis is an everyday affair. Its just a matter of whether what degree that they want. The ABS is not needed for that, only drugs.
Otherwise, you would be saying the Twins had ABS in them during their berserk charge as well.

Also dont forget, plot mechanics wise, the ABS term is created years after MLA, and as an example of how to get around espers.
Hmm, I suppose so, but while ABS was not directly mentioned to have been derived from BETA tech, there still exists the possibility that research into BETA played a important part in its development.

At the moment, all we know is what ABS and how it works; from what we know, it only exists in the Muvluv Unlimited/Alternative universe where there are BETA. There's still a possibility that it can be derived BETA tech (if it was developed as a countermeasure to Alt 3, it could have come about while they were making sure their psychics could connect with the BETA), unless Age was to specifically deny it. Ultimately, this is all conjecture, especially in relation to the BETA. We know more about the complex socio-political scheming and romantic relationships of Muv Luv, than the BETA or their creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
So much for that theory. But I still don't believe the BETA creators were benignly assumign carbon life-forms could not exist.
It could be possible they honestly believe that; my best hypothesis is that they program that into the BETA due to the fact that given what the BETA are, their entire civilization is supported by Carbon-based "bio" technology and their "technology" has developed to the point of true AIs. The rule that no Carbon-based lifeforms can exist may also be the rule that keeps those AIs from identifying themselves as living beings, and to keep them from rebelling. Going from that, identifying humanity as living beings would be directly contradicting what amounts to the creator's version of the Laws of Robotics.

If I know how Kouki's stories usually orient, I would bet on the latter. That would mean the creators may try to exterminate humanity as quickly as possible if they found out we existed. Of course, barring the possibility humanity destroys itself before then, more despair for the masses.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote