View Single Post
Old 2013-08-30, 02:04   Link #32984
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If the message bottles were written pre-incident, I'd think so. You'd have to be a ballsy or stupid criminal to write out all your various plans to commit murders before you actually commit them.
Well, committing a serial murder like And then there were None basically forces you to plan out your whole approach beforehand. Also I wouldn't consider Yasu an intelligent criminal, if there ever was murder on Yasu's part I would maybe describe them as passionate...an intelligent criminal would opt against raising huge flags being waved in the air screaming "STOP ME!!!"

Quote:
Also it's a bit strange that Ange raises that point (in both the VN and manga, but the manga goes into more detail) and then... seems to forget about Beatrice entirely once she begins focusing on Eva. Wha?
I still think that was Ryukishi trying to write her as a conflicted character who doesn't know herself what she is actually looking for. Amakusa says it in EP8, her initial goal of finding the truth quickly turns into a quest for revenge against anybody and especially Eva for "ruining her life." She knows in a way that Beatrice doesn't exist, so her search for her is more her search for culprit X. Whoever that person X is, in her mind is also the person who wrote the message bottles, because the only thing she knows is, that it was not Maria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokEnkephalin View Post
And if "Yasu did it" is your final answer but you're still not done thinking for the day, then come play along with this thought exercise: if you didn't have yandere and wicked witches to hang everything on, who else might have selected these victims, and what reason would they have that Shannon would be willing to support?
I don't think that there is much room to argue in this direction because it is made pretty clear that this is something made out between Kinzo, Shannon, Kanon, Genji, Beatrice and Ronove...which is basically just two people (and a corpse) in a room talking about what to do.
There are two different ways to read it in my book,
(A) It actually was just the start of the mystery game. Nobody actually died, since we never saw anybody actually being killed. Shannon and Kanon get magical death-roses (make-up) applied by Genji, Genji gets put to sleep by Ronove (who is basically him), Kinzo bursts into flames but he's dead anyway, Kumasawa is defeated as Virgilia (which could just be an argumentative defeat), and Gohda's demise isn't even shown.
Since the only people actually getting close to the corpses are Kratsuhi and Nanjo, and Eva and Rosa even bring up the idea of a fake murder game to select the next heir, this could very well be completely harmless.

Or (B) It was supposed to be just the harmless mystery game but Yasu lost it halfway through when she became uncertain herself and needed to be convinced by Genji to push through and silence the voices of reason (him killing Shannon and Kanon). Kumasawa tried to argue with her to drop the whole act and had to be disposed of as well, and Gohda was then too much of a liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
It happens but only in the volume version. On the magazines it wasn't printed. You've to buy Ep 7 Vol 1 to see it. I've seen photos of it and it's pretty although if I'm not wrong is 4 pages long... It would be interesting if we could have translated scans of it though... maybe it was cut because the dialogues were an extra hint...
Not really much of an extra hint. I don't know why they were dropped for serialization, probably because it exceeded the page-number that was given to them by the magazine and it is technically a non-sequitur to the introduction of Will right before and serves almost no overall purpose that isn't explained by the plot of EP7 in itself. Sure, you could ask who the fuck put the book in the coffin, but since that doesn't become much of a question until EP8 anyway...
With around 70 pages chapter 1 of EP7 is a good 30 pages longer than all the other chapters and maybe the editor was just suggesting to cut at least the most unnecessary part to make it a little easier to follow.
Or it was because the EP6 run was not yet finished and Ryukishi did not want anything to get unnecessarily spoilerific.

Anyway, these are the pages:
Spoiler for EP7 pages:
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote