View Single Post
Old 2013-08-31, 13:50   Link #32997
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
She would have done better saying something like: when you're older I'll tell you, for now take my words nor me or your parents would have done on purpose something that we believed wouldn't have been beneficial to you.
Concerning the way the additional EP8 manga stuff portrays the events and also Eva's reactions towards Ange I would presume that this was simply a human error on her part. She thought it'd be better to spare her anything, but she basically expected to much from a little girl, whose world view is still pretty black and white.
Eva says:
"I wanted to raise you as the noble daughter of the house Ushiromiya , just like I did with George, bearing the pain and sprinkling in love to protect you、which was my way of giving my best.
I believed, this was the atonement I was able to offer to all of them and to you as well.
But it didn't reach you, it couldn't since you were still too young.
In the end...when I couldn't bear the weight of the truth, the loneliness and the sadness anymore, I abandoned any attempt to mend my relationship with you.
"

And actually Ange says in the much more elaborate "A Reason to Live" chapter in the EP8 manga,
"Even in all their attempts, the police was unable to find any solid proof at the time of the incident.
By now 12 years have passed from that.
Anybody would be able to reveal a truth that a small girl is able to fish out of some people with her sole weapon being a batch of money.

I might not be able to reach the truth.
And if that happens, then my feeling of "wanting to reach the truth" will fade and vanish in the end.
The only thing remaining is my hatred for Eva.
"
Deep down she knows that she has lost sight of finding the truth and that the only thing left driving her is her conviction that Eva is guilty, but she still cannot stop since it is the only thing keeping her alive at all (in her eyes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokEnkephalin
she dressed in Kanon's clothes and, unable to get to Rosa, decided to draw her out and take revenge on Nanjo and Kumasawa at the same time, slitting their throats
They would never mistake a different person for Kanon.
Kanon's name can only be wielded by the owner of said name. No other person can carry this name.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote