View Single Post
Old 2004-09-29, 22:20   Link #84
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Screencaps from DVD?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or if it's listed in some sticky somewhere. A quick glance suggests otherwise, but then I May Be Blind.

Does anyone know of a good way of getting screencaps from DVDs? I don't know if VirtualDub works for DVDs, and if it does, I don't know where the option to load the DVD is.

WinDVD isn't very useful, since mine skips horribly when playing any DVD, no matter what I tried. (If anyone knows why, I'd like to know as well.) (InterVideo WinDVD 4, if anyone was wondering.)

If anyone can point me to some utilities, preferably freeware (although I'll take reasonably-priced downloadable applications in a pinch), I'd be grateful. The more idiot-proof, the better.

Incidentally, I use VideoLAN (as linked in the Media Configuration Guide in the Playback Help forum) for watching DVDs, since WMP irritates me. If there's some option in there, I'd be interested.

Thank you.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote