View Single Post
Old 2008-07-16, 11:59   Link #1321
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
It is not the end yet. It's in the middle. There was practically nothing romantic between Yuuichi and Ayu in Kanon and then they just put them together. At least here if he goes with C.C. (or Kallen) it won't be that rushed.
It won't be rushed at all if he ends up with Kallen. If the pieces fall into place right it will even be the expected ending, but as it stands the expected ending is 'no one' because the pieces are still in the air and the safest guess is usually the best. Ockham's Razor. As for C.C., as I said, the likelihood of that occurring is dropping because this is nearing the end of Code Geass. This is not the middle, this is the final 3/4 of the show.

Quote:
And many things were revealed only in the end, in Harry Potter. Although they both belong to the fantasy genre. Lord of the Rings wasn't a mystery book, it fell more into the adventure category. While Code Geass has been mysterious from the start.
Harry Potter is shit-literature in comparison to everything ever. It is not to even be remotely considered as anything but an example of how not to end a story. If you wanted to cite an actual story that keeps the secrets till the very end, then you'd probably want to mention the Dark Tower series. Where the true secrets did not come out until the end of the final book.

Code Geass is to a degree about mystery, but the overall story is about the struggles of people to change the world. That is what Code Geass is about. Much like LotR.

Quote:
Doesn't even matter anymore? You are kidding right? The writers said they purposely didn't give it out before, because then we'd be able to guess everything. I doubt ep 15 will tell us everything. Code Geass has always been more like Lost. While they might give out something, they will definitely keep stuff for later. Anyway, I'll be happy if they do reveal everything this week, but I don't think it's likely.
Ugh. To who C.C. is now, it does not matter what her name was. To the audience it matters, to C.C. it does not. She is now C.C.. I don't give a damn and two cents about the audience (which is what the writers are referring to) and giving everything away. I am talking about what it means to the characters. To Lelouch and C.C. it doesn't mean anything because that is no longer her name, she is now C.C..

Code Geass is nothing like Lost in any way, shape, or form. Could we stop trying to make comparisons to things that are not the same? This about as silly as saying this is like Orwell's 1984.

I actually think they will reveal everything about C.C., especially if it falls as a C.C. centric episode. At which point, the remaining secrets of Geass don't even have to come from her. They could come from Charles, V.V., or some random Geass user. So... Kallen still comes in later in terms of interaction with Lelouch.

Quote:
They are all important but Lelouch and C.C. are the main ones and maybe Suzaku; though I'd like to ignore that...
No, if even by the simple fact of how little focus C.C. has had this season. She is no more a main character than Suzaku or Kallen. The only dominant main character is Lelouch.

Quote:
There would be no rebellion if there was no one to give him geass.
Addressed. The only thing C.C. did was facilitate the Rebellion.

Quote:
I said the same thing to my friend who said they would watch till Spain put 1 goal in the euro finals
Uh hu...
Var is offline   Reply With Quote