Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 10:14   Link #3248
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Is there any alternate translation for Ground Armaments Service? GAS isn't exactly a pleasant-sounding abbreviation to use...
Quote:
Thank you very much. While we're at it, what about the Air Armaments Service? Might as well give it the same treatment
I'd just call them Ground Forces and Air Force, respectively...

Quote:
Was Sankt Kaiser a title for all Belkan rulers, or was it actually simply Kaiser with the "Sankt" part reserved for only one person due to her deeds/conducts/teachings/something?
The war that the Belkans waged until Olivie's death was called "Saint King Unification War" (聖王統一戦争), and it is unlikely to have been named after the messianic Olivie. Also, the SSX booklet keeps referring to the Belkan rulers as "Saint King bloodline" all the way back in history (though it may be retroactively applying the term, as in "Saint King Olivie's ancestors"). Refer to translation here.

However, I also saw the term "Heiliger Kaiser" on the Japanese wiki, so it may be the subtle distinction: "Sankt Kaiser" means regular Saint King, whereas "Heiliger Kaiser" (Holy King) refers to Olivie in particular. The kanjis are the same, however.

Quote:
And I think this had been asked before, but is it actually "Administrated" or "Administered" World?
You mean the official English spelling? I wouldn't know, but it's called "管理世界" in Japanese. The closest translation would be "managed world", in a way a big corporation manages its subsidiaries. But I guess the first translators wanted to have "administration" in it somewhere to go with the Bureau's full name, and it stuck.