View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 00:19   Link #292
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The missing vending machine is a symbolism of Matsuri's missing presence?
Yeah. A kind of closure as well. When Yorito saw that it was gone, he stopped trying to find Matsuri.

Quote:
Given the context of the promise between the two of them, it would seem that Aono felt betrayed by Matsuri, hence her increased irrationality.
It wasn't Matsuri's fault, though. She tried to stay away; it was just a tragic accident that she ended up in the same store as Yorito. Like I said before, Nagasaki is a large city. Two people can, if they want to, go for a long time without seeing each other in a city that size. But that would be boring, so the writers arranged for this convenient coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I agree that Mana is the strongest supporting character. Her deductive and rational reasoning and putting things in action is the best of any female in this series. A model support second only to Mishio Amano from Kanon 2k6.
I disagree about the comparison. Amano was merely a mediator with very little direct influence on Yuuichi. Mana is a true contender for Yorito's heart, even if they're still in the passive stage. Mana shows a deep concern for Yorito's well-being, and he is comfortable sharing his inner feelings with her.