View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 00:02   Link #20
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama
I have found a crack and I will tear at it till the thing breaks! Muahahahaha!
Alright, moving on...

I'm not fond of lengthy reviews, so... I give the series a score of 9/10 overall. Excellent, as even after all these years, you'd be hard pressed to find something to top Live A Live and The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Ep. 00. Credit is also given to the excellent adaptation of Sighs, as it managed to make one not-so-interesting book, well, interesting. Not perfect, as because even though I enjoyed the majority of Endless Eight (E8), there were two episodes that I felt were poorly done.

All the other E8 episodes had something unique to offer (my personal favorite being E8 V) except E8 III and VI. Now if you skipped through all those episodes and are wondering what the hell I'm talking about, then I suggest you rewatch them all.

And of course, watching this series will never be as exciting and suspenseful without Kadokawa's stunts:
  • all the hype and secrecy of a second season during the few months before Clannad's premier
  • July 7, 2007 and December 18, 2007
  • gag order on TV stations regarding the rerun's episodes
  • hotel reservations and the subsequent data explosion on the night BLR aired
  • shattering all predictions with Kyon-kun denwa~ and the resulting conspiracy theories
  • LULZ-worthy magazine scan hinting at Disappearance but actually promoting the novel
  • announcement of a Disappearance movie right at the end of the last ep
Through good and bad times, in Haruhi we trust.