Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 06:30   Link #29290
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
To me it matters because the truth can easily be used for good and for harm depending who wields it. The revelations could easily be used to bring real change by opening peoples eyes. At the same time it can be sold to the highest bidder to do some real damage.

It scares me that people actually don't give a damn about motivations. Iirc the times where we just went with the flow backing people claiming to wield the truth for genuine change, dictators were merely replaced by dictators.

Just look at Obama (oh yes I went there).
But why do we allow the truth to be used as weapons in the first place? I means it will like back in Soviet Russia when information is limited to protect "the people". Is that how we are playing here?

On the motivation, you are generalising the situation rather than looking to case by case. If Washington actually stood up to fight against the Britain because of personal gain( maybe because he want a bigger share on slave trade for example....) would that make American War of Independent more wrong or mroe right than it is now?

Motivation can be used to judge the character of individuals, but events caused by such motivations have to be judged independently case-by-case. That's what i means