View Single Post
Old 2014-06-01, 06:17   Link #5242
Revan21

I never play with my nendos or switch their faces, just display them in the pose that I like the most.

Then again, I only got ten of them, and around 50 petites
Petites are the best.
They have the same form and cuteness, take up less space and if you don't need the accessories, it's affordable to buy a lot more of them.
Where I live, you can get six petites for the price of one larger nendo.

I'm definitely picking up the Girls und Panzer set this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Didn't even notice it till you pointed it out. So not really attentive. But what do i know, still a noob on this ^^
But when you said prize figure. Other than the scale, does it means the plastic or paint quality are also not as good or something?
Sure, you can feel that the plastic of a prize figure is usually not that sturdy compared to the ones made by the top manufacturers, but the sculpting and the painthing could still be great. Even the scales are the same, you can easily find 1/7 or 1/6 prize figures nowdays. Check out Banpresto's SQ and Sega's PM figures, those are usually the best you can find in this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't know, really sitting on the fence on this. It just that I looked at that figure, which look really really good with all those shield and sword ( i never collect figure, but played a lot with mecha toys like transformers and stuffs when i was young, so it probably rubbed a bit on me). With quite a big discount. Then with Rakuten having a 2,500Y discount promotion on international shipping (when you pay 10,000Y or more). It just begged me on making a purchase (of that Nanoha and another one).

Anyone have their own story about how they struggled (or not) with collecting figures? Probably would help me a bit on here
Speaking from personal experience, figure collecting is just as addictive as any other collecting hobby. Once you got one and you are satisfied with it, you will easily buy more and build up a collection, depending on your financial circumstances and your self restraint.

When it comes to me, I usually buy only two high-end figures in a quarter of a year, because I do not want to dump all my money on just this one hobby (I also buy BluRays, PC games, books, etc).
It can also be a very good restraint to only buy figures of characters that you know and like. That's how I do it, thus I do not need to think long and hard about getting random figures that happen to look great but other than that I do not know a thing about the character it displays.

As for displaying them, just buy a cheap glass cabinet and set it up in a corner of your room. You'll have to get around two or three dozen figures before you run out from space