View Single Post
Old 2010-11-10, 15:21   Link #5
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it was pretty obvious that things weren't heading towards a resolution in this episode despite all the little "flags" being raised because, although Keima kept ignoring it, the issues involving her backstory weren't actually resolved. She was just using him to cover up her insecurities without actually resolving them. The episode both started and ending with Keima thinking he had it figured out, but this time it's probably for real.
At the start, he knew he was halfway there. I'm sure he knew that having her hang out with him wouldn't solve her problems, but he used the time to find out more about her and buy some time. Eventually, we saw him looking at the promotional material announcing her big concert, so I think he saw her disappearing at the crucial moment coming. And when she did what he anticipated, he knew which way to go to resolve her problem.

Next episode will probably have him dig deeper into her past and find the real reason why she's being ignored by everyone, despite her wannabe-idol status, and what the real reason behind the Citron breakup was (because I think her popularity isn't the real reason, but more that Kanon might not have fit in the band perfectly for whatever reason).