View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 16:35   Link #87
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Since Hayate told the Hucks that she would hunt them down anywhere even outside TSAB`s jurisdiction, I say that TSAB is pretty self-righteous.
Or at least, Hayate is.

Is there any form of independant media on Mid ?
The lack of journalists, paparazzis and how easily TSAB can cover almost anything has always troubled me...
Well, we do know they have something like a television network of some sort.
From SSX 1

Newswoman: This is Midchilda MBC News. We are at the scene of the crime at a large department store Firize by coastline. From the 27th floor, we can see smoke rising/escaping from the windows. We’re still not sure of the extent of the damage but there has been an explosion in the 27th floor event hall. One male victim has been confirmed dead.
The hall had been convening an antique art exhibition and the man had been involved with the art exhibition… Ah, that’s an Armed Forces helicopter flying up there! It looks like that this is no accident.
A similar string of terrorist incidents has happened/occurred on Faurus and Weizen (Vaizen), whether there is a connection or not, hasn’t been confirmed. We are waiting for a TSAB announcement/statement. The recent string of terrorist incidents have…

Alto: Jeez, it’s great that TV stations/crews are so quick with their job but I sure hope that they’re following/cooperating with the information/news control/restrictions?…
Ginga: Well, they’re only doing their jobs the best they can…

It seems that the media of Midchilda is rather similar to Japanese media. I believe there is a high level of collusion between major media and government/TSAB to hush up certain stuff.