View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 01:26   Link #30495
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikablu View Post
I just don't believe in Shannon = Kanon...there is too much against. I am still unconvinced...in fact they are still 2 different people to me
Not sure if serious...
But I'll respond with the most general consensus about things. I mention first, though, that your main complaint with Shkanon is "that's stupid and they would've seen through the disguise immediately", which is a problem pretty much EVERYONE has, and we've just had to accept or try not to think too hard about it. I'll also say that I'll restrict these things to the gameboards. That is, I'm not trying to ('cause we probably can't, anyway) account for what was going on in the real world.

1.) We have no idea to what extent Yasu was trying to pull off both roles. It's very possible she was doing it very rarely, if at all, and during the games themselves, she never tries to be both for very long. One or both of them are dead usually, and in EP4 I forget if he saw either at all after he met them.
2.)Yeah, they saw both Shannon and Kanon. That person waited until they left the parlor, and went to the chapel.
3.) The Parlor scene in EP5 is a subject of RIDICULOUSLY HUGE debate, here.
4.) You're right, there's no indication that George or Jessica are anything but typical strictly-heteros. This is not even an issue with anything as presented, though.
5.) Of course George and Jessica think they're dating two different people. You remember Zepar/Furfurs explanation for why it was inappropriate for furniture to fall in love, right..?
6.) Another point along the lines of "but they should have noticed." Like I said, we all have this problem. Of course, Jessica also apparently doesnt notice that gramps has been deadballs for 2 years, so...
7.)Yeah, Battler seems typically hetero, too. You remember that Kanon only started working on the island in 1984, though, right..?
8.)The fact that you can only claim your own name does not prohibit legitimately owning multiple names. And we're rather explicitly told that Kanon "escaped" by virtue of having never been in the room in the first place.
9.)No, we're told Shannon was in the room when it was sealed. All of those people are perfectly free to leave after the seal is broken. It's not a matter of Shkanon existing at two places at once, but rather Kanon, at least for a moment, not existing in any place at all.
10.) Actually in this bit, Shannon and Kanon need to exist as one person to bring it down to 16. So Erika can bring it back up to 17. Of course, take this particular scene ... ahem, "as you will" on the matter.

You can sort of accept Shkanon on the gameboards, because you can't say the clues weren't there, if a bit weakly. And I won't say the execution was very good, either. Won't even say that Kanon existed in whatever the realest world happens to be. But, I mean, it almost certainly definitely is part of the solution to dem gameboards.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote