View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 22:46   Link #294
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I think Sumeragi wants to emphasize drilling a sense of civic responsibility into the general populace rather than building a new army to invade China.

Comrades in arms and all that. And who knows, maybe swinging around a big phallic firearms for a year or two will empower The People (rich old fucked up powerful men? Shoot them down like the pigs they are!), and a popular militia can be *cough* corrupted into a proletarian revolution...

Kind of like how you Singaporeans get to build camaraderie by sharing pointless misery with people you'd otherwise just walk past on the streets.
I don't mind serving my time if my superiors were half has incompetent, gutless and submissive as they are. A wayward soldier from another unit challenges him to a no-holds barred fight; pick it up, don't just send that kid to the detention barracks. And pick up the damn MP5 and your abseiling gear and lead the assault instead of asking the squad to "make do" just because someone in the squad broke his leg - it is not like you have anything to do back at the command center because YOUR superior is the one making the decision, he still needs your feedback anyway right? There is only 7 men left, there is a reason for even-numbered teams.

Oh yes, and that bureaucracy. Three lives again this year, and it is only sensible to note that these heatstrokes only start to occur in the recent years when we changed out a new load-bearing vest that covers everything and traps all the heat.

And that crap gun. Oh yes that crap gun that never works after a humid waterborne raid, funny selector positions, overweight, impossible to 99% clean and explodes after wading through mud. And if your enemy is just round the corner you are dead because there is no bayonet mount.

Given how the Japanese does things similarly, the conscription is more likely than not going to turn out the way of SAF's. The Samurai Ferocity will never be seen again - just a bunch of people who drop their guns and run, or simply resigned to the fate that their operations will never turn out fine.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote