View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 00:16   Link #21
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Animation Quality: 6

The quality for this iteration was really a mixed bag, I have to say. I'm not expecting high levels like other people here, but what I did expect was some form of consistency. Sadly, it didn't really happen, and the art shifts in many of the episodes of Endless Eight were cringe-worthy (yes, I watched it all). This seemed to have reversed near the end (how apt), but it was probably done only so the show would come back in line with the art style used in Episode 00: Koi no Mikuru Densetsu (and thus not too jarring).

Voice Actors: 7

Eh, I've got a tin ear for Voice Actors (I can name only TWO VAs for certain that I can recognize every time, and that's Kawasumi Ayako and Wakamoto Norio), so I can't really say I appreciate the VAs themselves per se, but I did enjoy their performances when the situation called for really emotionally charged scenes. Kyon nearly blowing up on Haruhi near the end of Sighs was one of these.

Script: 7

The company was working with what little that they had for the Timeline, but it's here where we see that KyoAni's creative pool where it comes to the script is found lacking.

Soundtrack: 7

Again, tin ear with regards to these kinds of things, though I have to agree that if there was a song to be used for an OP, SUPER DRIVER was NOT it. I'd have preferred to have one of the songs in the Character CDs to have been used, but there you have it.

Editing: 7

Err, not really a major in Cinematography so can't really say much in this area, though some scene transitions and camera angle choices struck me as odd.

Enjoyment: 8

Ego loquor , ego etiam utor serius , tamen via Infinitas infinitio Duodeviginti fabula eram tracto vere pluo quam vel a bonus bulla amo Kyoto Animation planto a ingens erroris. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody quod Sighs mos non plene confingo pro is , tamen ego sum magis indulgeo quam alius

Overall Impression: 7

With that, I have to say, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Disappearance Movie. We'll just have to see if it can make up for the damage done.