View Single Post
Old 2010-05-03, 16:39   Link #9729
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
One interesting thing though about the braun trial analogy is that we have a thing called double jeopardy in court. In other words if someone is proven innocent for a crime once they can't be accused of that crime a second time. So If Nanjo for example is innocent in episode 1 he'd be innocent in all other games because of double jeopardy .
But we were shown that each crime (each murder) could have been done by a different person. Isn't each twilight a different crime. So going by your statment.
Nanjo was proven innocent in game one's 6-8th twlight = I can't accuse him of being the culprit of that crime (6-8th twilight).

If each twilight isn't a different crime, for sure each game could be considered a different crime. (After all the killer HAS to be different for each game)

Cause if we say double jeopardy is true(if the crime is all the games) haven't we eliminated everyone?

Edit: The meaning for double jeopardy I found was.
First, under double jeopardy, a defendant can not be prosecuted a second time for the same offense after an acquittal. The second right that double jeopardy protects is the right a defendant has to not be prosecuted a second time for the same offense after a conviction. Lasly, the same offense can not warrant multiple punishments, or sentences.

I know nothing of law though.. so I don't know if this is correct.

Last edited by Laserworm; 2010-05-03 at 16:56.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote