View Single Post
Old 2012-02-21, 18:28   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb New BB Codes: Dynamic Loading

A little while ago I added a BB code to allow niconico videos to be posted. At the same time a number of other codes, in the same vein, were added but were not publicised.

I and the other staff have been testing them in the background for a while, on different platforms, and think I've got most of the bugs ironed out. There is still at least one issue involving accented (and maybe multi-byte) characters causing the content to be truncated, and some others noted in the samples below.

What I've not done yet is test them in a truly wide and representative range of browsers... which I'm hoping everyone here can do for me .

Theses are all now "public" beta if you like; so please have a look and provide some feedback. Note: they are all still subject to change and possibly complete removal. That means you might not want to use them in the wider forum without also considering what would happen if they were disabled.

TL;DR…
Samples
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Before anyone asks: No, you can't use these tags in your signature, but yes, they should work in PMs, and unless something is broken, social groups... should you want to. Only thing to note: if you use quick reply or quick edit (the in-line post edit) you may need to click (the button or the re-enable message) to "re-enable" the dynamic functionality. This happens because the forum doesn't provide a way to extend the updates to the page, that happen after you post in those two cases. I'll spare you the details. This is unlikely to be made more user friendly until the forum is upgraded, because it will likely change when the forum is upgraded (and thus anything I do now will need redoing). It is a minor irritation.

If you want to report the codes not working, please do so here. Be sure to include a note about your browser version and possibly operating system version too. It will help track down the incompatibilities (though I can't promise we'll be able to resolve them). All tags require JavaScript to function, lack of it means you'll just get a "need JavaScript" grey box. Oh, and if you're using IE 6 please stop.

Sorry; you do not have access to this content.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2018-02-26 at 18:35. Reason: Updated some references to align with currently-working functionality
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote