View Single Post
Old 2009-10-28, 19:36   Link #1609
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Sure. Maybe we're speaking of different situations but I was referring to Alto's declaration in episode 24 when he declared "I'm coming back, I'll survive this fight and come back no matter what" (the wording depends on the fansubs of course, but you get the gist of it.) It seems fairly obvious that he was paying attention way back in episode 14, when Sheryl asked Alto to promise to come back and not die in which he thanked her and then said he would bring Ranka back. This is how I arrived to the conclusion that he might just be telling Sheryl what she wanted to hear in episode 24. Don't underestimate a women's intuition because after the magical kiss they have, Sheryl tells him to go save Ranka.
Considering Alto had just resolved himself to kill Ranka, I think that's alittle bit of a stretch.
I don't think he's telling Sheryl "I'll come back" and Implying, "I'll go save Ranka". Sure, Alto didn't want to kill her, but he had resolved to if she was helping the Vajra (which was the understanding of the characters at the time). He had prioritized the lives of many over the life of one.