View Single Post
Old 2010-03-22, 05:05   Link #2387
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Teleporting is not a reflex. You need to calculate the exact coordinates of the object you are teleporting (hereafter referred to as target object) and your target location, relative to whatever reference frame you may choose (for example, Kuroko sets her target object as the origin, while Awaki sets herself as the origin, IIRC). And, not everyone has Accelerator's computational ability. To illustrate, the computational ability of ~10000 MISAKA clones working together only comes up to half of what Accelerator is capable of.
I understand. I just want to point out that it is a user limitation. If the user is much more powerful like level 5 then it should be more effective right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
To learn more on the physics behind Index-verse teleportation (among other things), see this thread, including my post here which relates it to other examples in fiction.
It basically means that the user use another dimension to travel to the destination. But that dimension has slower time than our world. So that's why the teleportation looks very fast. Using this theory, it means that it has a delay time to teleport. That dimension has its own laws of physics but some basic concepts like energy transfer and momentum are still the same.

Back to my question, I think that it should be more appropriate if Accel reflects those objects before they can exit that dimension and reach their destination. Because it's no point if he can only react when those objects are already in his body. It's possible to change the trajectory by changing the momentum in that dimension. But it means that Accel's ability is also capable of manipulating vector in another dimension which indicates that his AIM field is distributed to another dimension too. Don't know if this is natural or not. And I wonder if this happens automatically or he calculates it. Because I don't think that he can see in another dimension. If he can then I think that it means that he has potential to be a teleporter too which shouldn't be possible. But may be at this point everything is possible.

All of these are just speculation based on speculation. I guess that it can't be taken seriously until it's explained in the novel. And it can be totally wrong because I don't read the novel. But thank you anyway, that's a good reading.