View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 10:01   Link #59
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
My more immediate concern would be falling in a ditch and being stuck for eternity alone and in the dark. Hell, the likelihood of this happening only increases the longer you live.
...I'd eventually cave in to my curiosity and walk into the Marianas Trench if I had the capability of producing a lot of light and of course, still could get out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'm not sure about "the trauma of seeing everyone around you die".

There are plenty of very old people, who have outlived all their freidns and family, but are nevertheless fairly happy. They simply take a more zen view on life.
The trauma comes from multiple lifetimes, not just a single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
It depends on the extend of the immortality.
Do you still age but don't die? Immortality without youth is pointless.
Do you not require basic requirements for life (air, water, food, sleep, heat, etc) or suffer the ill effects from the lack of it?
Are you still vulnerable to sickness and disease?
Are you killable or are you invulnerable or have super regeneration?
Immortality to me is that nothing will kill you and that you don't require the basic necessities that keep us regular folk going though you can become immobilized (think Captain America frozen in ice or enough gravitational force/pressure that prevents you from moving). Eternal Youth on the other hand, you are still vulnerable to sickness and what have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Am i alone in this line of thinking? Come on there's got to be some one else reading this thread who also believes that spiritual development would be paramount as an immortal being ? Otherwise your exsistance would be misserable.
Gotta do something when you're traveling the world

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-05-29 at 10:14.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote