View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 15:07   Link #193
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I know this is going to be insulting and net me a negrep, but nonetheless :

1. Do you bother to understand these people?
2. Do you have a solution to help them?
3. If not, it is obviously that you are too stupid to possess problem solving skills. Either that or you suck at time management when you said that you have got no time for them.

I like to insult "optimists" and "counsellors" who give this kind of BS. Not only it is a gratifying hobby to knock these "positively-charged people" off their unicorns, it also makes them reconsider ditching their comfort blanket and coming out to face what they have considered "impossible".

A prison counsellor whom I am working with in my second job taught me this - "impossible" is a consideration when you have run out of ideas, or you have reached a ethics barrier despite following your moral compass. And you have to suck really hard at thinking if you run out of ideas.
I thought of negreping you myself just for the hell of it but, no. Now, I suppose the first three question were about insecure people. You see, I saw such persons in the past, I think I understood them (you never know exactly what's inside their heads as they themselves tend to be pretty deluded). I mean, one of them had imaginary enemies: "You saw that girl, she hates me!!!" I was like, ok. Then I go and talk with the "hatter". No sign of anything. As to a solution. I tried something, but I failed. I tried to make that person have more confidence in herself, but alas, I did it the wrong way. Now she was like, omg, you're such a great guy, thank you for always supporting me. Then she gets closer to me, finds out I have flaws as well (go figure) and bam, mission failed. I'm no doctor and in the end, that person decided that talking to me is a waste of time, and ignored me completely -.- . As you can see I lack skills even though I kinda match point 1&2.
And there are people that simply don't give a rat's ass. There are people that are simply annoyed by weakness and they don't try to understand it. Do you really think that's stupidity? More like arrogance I'd say.
As to optimists, I dunno what to say. I never met such a hardcore optimist as the ones you talk about. The optimists I know are people that hope for the best (while trying to achieve it) and are aware of what "impossible" means.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote