Old 2006-10-22, 16:37   Link #21
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Spoiler:
Well, it's rather uncertain.

Major's cybernetic body does not belong to her. Apart from her ghost, she is, aparently a property of the multi-national corporation that has created her, Megatech Body Co. Thus, she cannot legally quit Section 9 and go on doing what she wants to do.

That doesn't mean that she can't just escape into obscurity and evade puruit. She is an accomplished hacker and surely can erase her traces, if she wishes to do so.

As for the film, it's fairly nice for a self-contained story and I never took it for anything more. As usual with Kamiyama, it's generously peppered with visual and textual quotations from Shirow (the obvious last scene, for example), which I always found cute about Mr. Director.

It's not exactly earth-shattering, though, because, after all, it's just a SAC film. I think it neither attempted, not wished to be really groundbreaking, but rather it was just a continuation of the SAC story. Another episode from the lives of the Section 9, nothing more, nothing less. The ending is sufficienty open to allow the continuation of the SAC timeline, as Mitsuhisa Ishikawa has promised.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote