View Single Post
Old 2010-02-01, 22:16   Link #38
Vile

I felt the same way with Lone Wolf when I started. It does get better but if you don't find it entertaining as you get further I don't know if that would even matter, though I don't think anyone would find the later volumes dull. The last third of the manga pretty much sheds the use of the episodic stories, I mean not every single chapter takes place after the other but many do and the ones that don't are all close in the time line and progress the story. Prior to the last third or so it's mixed. Some chapters will be isolated assassinations, some will have battles against the Yagyu or will be tied in a way to the main story of Itto's revenge. I think the third volume has the first tie in to the main plot, which covers the details of how he was framed by the Yagyu, then the fifth volume has his first fight with the Yagyu.

I just read it at a pace of one or two chapters at a time after a while. Much slower than usual for me but the chapters are long and doing it in volumes could definitely be a grind. Now that I've finished it I could read it large sections though, maybe it's because I've warmed up to the characters or maybe it's because I know where the story is going, I'm not entirely sure but it's easier to read now.

Anyway, in short. Try reading it in smaller portions but if it it still feels too dry definitely stop, not worth trudging through it when you may not end up liking the manga anyway, especially at 28 volumes.

Last edited by Vile; 2010-02-01 at 22:27. Reason: Silly spelling mistakes