Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 22:00   Link #848
4Tran

Episode 41

It's a Yellow episode, so it's bound to be good, right?

- Yayoi has a beret? That's pretty awesome!
- I like how Miracle Peace is modelled after herself.
- They actually drew up yet another transformation?
- The fight against Red Oni is a lot better than the one last episode.
- Imagine how good it'd be if they used this kind of variety of attacks in previous episodes.
- Too bad they went back to the old group finisher. These episodes would be better if we skipped that attack.
- I love the yellow motif in this episode. The color sets it well apart from the other episodes. And they can still make this kind of shot:

All in all, this was a pretty kick ass episode. I think that the Yellow Cure favoritism is showing though.

Episode 42

Green episodes are always pretty good, aren't they?

- It looks like a family-themed episode as Nao is about to have another younger sibling. The family theme in Smile has a good record, so it looks promising.
- Nao going shopping with her siblings reminds me a lot of the shopping district in Tamako Market. It seems to be a fairly common story device.
- Nao is going to have to transform in front of the kids? That's different.
- March has always had the best transformation in Smile - the only thing that she does really differently is toss her hair back, but it's a pretty awesome hair toss.
- And. The. Fight. Is. Glorious!

What an exhilarating episode! The story is simple but very effective, and the animation is very good when it had to be. It even tops Nao's last focus episode in terms of being a great piece of entertainment.

I have no idea how people can say that Dokidoki is a better show when nothing there even comes close to just these two episodes. I'd be really happy if Dokidoki can improve to this level.