View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 15:04   Link #30714
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Suggesting? It was outright stated that Battler never met Beatrice before 1986.

The person Battler met was Shannon, the one who fell in love with Battler was Shannon. The promise of returning on a white horse was made to Shannon.
This is what the story says. If you disagree, then you are disagreeing with the story.

Absolutely nothing suggests that Battler ever met "Yasu" or that he even ever heard that name.
The Shannon he knew is essentially her, yes. The "Shannon" of the stories is not the same person. It's not that hard to understand. Shannon's apparent mutual interests never come up once and Battler never seems to make any such connection in-story. It doesn't even seem particularly in-character for her. There's also the differences in behavior and the differences in ideals and goals. Of course they mirror reality; that doesn't mean "Battler met the Shannon of the stories" is a true statement and it doesn't mean "Yasu and Beatrice are the same" is true. Because it isn't. Because it can't be.

You're quibbling rather uselessly over minor details that in no way change the point that the author of the stories is in no way wholly one of those characters, and thus none of those characters can be said to truly be her. If that's so, then one must assume all of them are there in bits and pieces, which is exactly my point. And in aggregate, I cannot believe this person could be a culprit. You can only get there by ignoring Shannon and Kanon, something you clearly don't believe we should do.

Also, it's worth noting that the meeting between the characters of Piece-Battler and Piece-Shannon never actually happened. The people who met were Battler-Prime and Yasu/Shannon-Prime. They talk about meeting, which would have happened in the context of history, but Shannon is not the only character operating in her creator's story, and cannot be a 1:1 representation. It just isn't possible.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote