View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 01:54   Link #1391
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The guy in the first episode was probably a special case. The paralyzer didn't work on him so the gun had no choice but to switch to lethal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
It seems the dominator will use paralyzer first no matter how high the CC is and the man is special because the paralyzer doesn't work so dominator value the man's threat as far too high and change to lethal mode (as Kanon said)...

Talk about threat...
I've watched episode 1 again and find that CC is different than threat measurement...
Which can explain or clouded our understanding about dominator mode change...
Ok, I watched it again (and again), and saw there was no reading showing after the first paralysis shot failed and the second judgement given out, nor was there a reading showing on the victim when it changed to lethal mode on her, so no inconsistencies in the CC numbers, as far as I can tell, since both didn't show their new numbers and had their CC elevated in their respective situations (well, that was Akane's explanation for the victim, so I'm assuming the same applied to the rapist).

As for having the gun in paralyzer mode first, that doesn't seem to be the case, since the opening scene of ep 1 showed Shinya killing the helmet wearing guy (which I'm think is some anti-brain scanning helmet) on the first shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How do you know watching anime doesn't decrease the CC? Especially for the quasi shut-in. Who do they bother?
I'm pretty sure CC has increased for a lot of people within this thread, myself in particular .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's a posteriori justification. I'm asking why, like it recommended Akane (and presumably Ginoza) for policework, it recommended that guy for such an... independent posting. As I said, a regular Sibyl check (which ought to be mandatory) would show a general increase of the CC. So did Sibyl make a mistake, or did they just consider such losses... an "optimal" of resources.
Hmm, maybe I should actually watch ep 2 again (as in from start to finish, instead of randomly picking time intervals, lol).
I'm aware Sibyl assigns some job aptitude ranking to everyone, but one of the friend mentions Akane was "an honor student who scored 700 points on the last exam.". Is this an old school style exam, or the actual value that Sibyl assigned? I'm under the impression it's the former for some reason, and is different to the Sibyl aptitude rank.
Akane also says her "job aptitude exceeded the Bureau's employment standards", so is it the factory's standards set too low that let him slip through the cracks?
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote