View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 15:11   Link #5201
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, I'll be believe Kenichi can catch up to Miu when I see. Sadly, that'll be 1000 chapters and 20 years down the road... And he'll still be a disciple. As Matsuena has established it right now, if the Elder wasn't holding Miu back, there's no way Kenichi would be able to catch her. She progresses more in a month than he does in two years, readiness or not.

He's going to have a hell of a time explaining just how Kenichi becomes stronger than her in the end because with this chapter he basically established that talent is greater than hard work-- and someone who has talent AND works hard will basically be unstoppable.

And yeah, I figured it was mostly for comedic purposes after the whole "Kenichi's dead!" by Apachai. It's kind felt like Matsunea felt the need to castrate Kenichi there without any other purpose than thinking its funny (not a fan of the butt monkey trope.. Kenichi doesn't have much of it, but I never find all the pain and torture a lead character goes through, usually without cause, to be humorous).

Of course, part of my beef with this whole thing is that I haven't been really happy with the series since the DofD arc. As I mentioned previously, I'm a fan of the disciples, but since then, they've all been written off while the masters overshadow them. I understand that the disciple fights can't be the only focus, but it's also not fun when the story is focused around a group of bad guys the lead character and his side kicks can't even touch.